Re: CLI Addressbook

On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 04:42:24PM -0500, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 12:14:51PM -0800, Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
> > On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 09:24:22 -0500

> > > No.  plain standard readline.  Could use ncurses.  I don't do GUI.
> > > Note that the python part was just a front-end to the postgresql
> > > database.  I didn't have to worry about storing and retreiving any
> > > data.
> >
> > Interesting. I am sorry if this question sounds dumb but how did you
> > patch everything together? So you have C program that uses the
> > readline library and a python front-end for the sql database? If so,
> > in your C program you simply call out the python script whenever you
> > need to make a connection/read/write to the database?
> >

> No C program.  Python uses readline by default.  I.e. print this,
> raw_input that.  I used python-psycopg for the database access.
coming in a bit late on the thread, but.  At work they use outlook so I am
stuck with putting all my stuff in to outlook, which for my use is not good, I
export the outlook contacts info to a csv file and use perl to insert into my
ldap database, and then I have some bash scripts to read the ldap DB to give me
access to the information