Re: modifer fstab by mistake,can not boot debian

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 09:08:32PM -0800, mond <mondzhu@gmail.com> was heard to say:
> I have been using debian(sid) for quite a while. I also have windows
> xp installed on my pc too. When I use debian, I modified fstab to let
> debian mouse an NTFS drive automatically.
>
> Today,  to test some parameters in fstab, I changed a parameter for
> the NTFS drive from auto(which worked fine previously) to default(just
> like ext3 ). But after that, the system could not boot. It stoped
> right here:
>
>       "Please use option nls=<charsetname> in the future.
>        NTFS Volume Version 3.1"

  You should be able to boot by adding the boot parameter
"init=/bin/sh".  After you get a prompt with that run "mount -o remount,rw /"
and then fix fstab.  When you're done, run "mount -o remount,ro /" and
exit the shell.  The system should reboot.

  Daniel