Re: .xsession-errors servicetype

Paul Cartwright <ale@pcartwright.com>:
>  not sure what all this means, should I be worried?
>
>  $ tail -50 .xsession-errors
>  kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/banshee.desktop' specifies
>  undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/x-mpeg-3'
>  [snip]
>  kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Graphics/ksquirrel.desktop' specifies undefined
>  mimetype/servicetype 'image/bmp'
>  [snip]
>  Launched ok, pid = 9502
>  There are already artsd objects registered, looking if they are active...
>
>  Error: Can't add object reference (probably artsd is already running).
>         If you are sure it is not already running, remove the relevant files:
>
>         /tmp/ksocket-pbc/Arts_SoundServerV2

Looks to me like your typical spew from KDE and Gnome about confused
library symbols, something tried to use sound and got confused when it
couldn't start the daemon (daemons *ought* already to be running,
shouldn't they?), then something else (reporting again through, or as,
kbuildsyscoca) complained when it tried to do something with bitmaps.

Dump kde?  Figure out where the installer failed you?  Is any of that
at all interesting in your position?  I'd just ignore it and
concentrate on what I can't do with my apps.  Once that's solved, the
errors should stop.  No, those errors are not worrisome to me.