Re: [OT]: free ddns service and port rediction 80<-->xyz

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 06:47:57 +0530
"Sudev Barar" <sbarar@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 21/11/2007, Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 16:05:50 -0500 "H.S." <hs.samix@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Does anybody know of a few dynamic DNS service which redirects traffic
> > > on port 80 to a different port on my machine (which has a dynamic IP)?
> >
> > Is Dyndns's WebHop what you need?
> > http://www.dyndns.com/support/kb/webhops_redirections.html#ports
> >

> This when port 80 is blocked. In case of OP only port 80 is open on
> the gateway machine.
> AFAIK an outside service alone will not be able to do what he wants
> without some NAT'ing on the gateway.

I see the mistake I was making; thanks for pointing it out.  The
browser will need access to the redirected host/port, which in the OP's
case is not possible.

I do think Anyterm may do what the OP needs.

> Regards,
> Sudev Barar

Celejar