Re: kernel headers and vmware

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 14:00:36 -0500, I wrote:
> I have vmware working again.  I uninstalled all of the old linux-headers,
> reinstalled the one that matches my kernel, and then also had to install the
> g++ package.  I don't know if every bit of this was necessary, but it worked.

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:14:24 -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom asked:
> And did you use build 39867?

Yes, I used 39867, the same build I've always had on that machine.  I had the
headers that matched my kernel (2.6.18-5) the whole time, but after I also
added linux-kernel-headers_2.6.18-6, vmware thought it was no longer
correctly configured.  Once I added g++ (to get cc1plus), vmware made its
modules again and was happy.  (Originally it had done that even without g++.)

I may upgrade VMware Server soon, but I wanted to make sure that I could at
least get 39867 working first.

Thanks.