Re: Anyone using icewm on Sid?

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 21:20:52 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 06:20:03PM +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > Following today's upgrade on Sid I've started getting complete lockups
> > in X. I thought at first it was a bug in xserver-xorg and submitted a
> > bug report but now I think it's to do with icewm.
> >
> > In icewm you can bring up a menu with Ctrl-Esc. This is what causes the
> > lockup. If I bring the menu up with the mouse, but clicking on Start at
> > the bottom of the screen, everything works. However, as I have the habit
> > of bring up the menu via the keys I'm going to get a lot of lockups
> > unless I change window manager.
> >
> > Anyone else seeing this?
>
> Yep, happens to me too, with icewm-session and -experimental. Something
> is definitely wrong as the graphics in the toolbar are all messed up.
> According to the aptitude log, icewm wasn't updated (on my machine)
> since September. It is probably related to the latest xorg update.

Which graphics hardware are you guys using? I noticed regressions with
both my intel-based systems (desktop: 82Q963/Q965, laptop: 855GM). It
seems that the video-intel driver now uses EXA by default; switching
back to XAA made all my problems disappear. If you use other cards it
might be worthwhile to check the relevant manpage for changes in default
settings or "suspicious" new options. (At least, that helped me to
figure out what was going on.)

          Florian   |