Re: CTRL-ALT-F8 doesn't work

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 08:07:24 -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> since this issue with the nvidia card happened, I also can't switch between
> users by doing the CTRL-ALT-F8/F7 or go to the text login by doing the
> CTRL-ALT-F1. when I am in a konsole window and I do the CTRL-ALT-F7, here is
> what it shows:
> $ ;7~

It seems your keyboard setup got screwed up. To make sure, try this: In
konsole, become root and run

chvt 1

If this takes you to tty1 without problems then we know that nothing is
wrong with the mode switching of the video driver. Go back to X with
ALT-F7, run "setxkbmap -print" and post the output here. (If there is in
fact a problem with the video driver then we need to see the "EE" and
"WW" lines in /var/log/Xorg.0.log after a failed attempt to switch with
chvt.)

          Florian   |