Re: how to find the why linux crash if it crashed?

On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 10:24:59AM +0800, H.H. Ding wrote:
> I have never find any log for why the linux crash. Is it reasonable?
> or should I tun on some options in some config file?

It depends on what caused the crash.  Sometimes a message will be sent
by syslog to /var/log/syslog.  Sometimes the log will get written to
disk before the crash.  Often it won't.

A good way to solve this quandry in critical machines is to have their
syslog send to the syslog of another box.

Doug.