Re: printing a scanned document

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 08:40:57 -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> said:

> Hi, I was sent a scanned document, it was a .jpeg file.  So I
> downloaded the .jpeg and used display to view it.  Then I printed it,
> but it was about 1/2 the size of a sheet of paper and hard to read.

> So I used display to resize it 150% and sharpen the image.  That
> worked OK *viewing* it but it *prints* still the same small image.
> How do I make it print a larger image that is sharpened?

        Well, how about using convert?
 convert -resize geometry   old.png tmp.png
 convert -sharpen geometry  tmp.png new.png

        Look at the documentation online; convert has a lot of options
 which could be useful.

        manoj
--
It's useless to try to hold some people to anything they say while
they're madly in love, drunk, or running for office.