using RSS to automate a browser

I typically keep a browser window open to the main page of a
particular web site which adds news articles throughout the day; but
the additions are made at unpredictable intervals.  Because of the
number of news articles posted, together with a number of
advertisements, reloading the page can take 30 seconds or longer.

The site has an RSS feed, so I can use a feed reader such as "liferea"
to inform me of changes, rather than clicking reload and finding that
nothing new has been posted.

But it would be nice to have a automated browser which would check the
RSS feed every ten minutes or so and automatically reload the page
whenever new material is added.  And it would be really nice if the
browser would play a sound file or display a panel icon (life the mail
monitor "biff") whenever a reload is complete.  This would save both
my time and bandwidth.

Are there any browsers which have this capability?

RLH