Re: Request information

On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 21:21 +0000, riccardo.bertarelli@borgoconsul.it
wrote:
> I want to leave windows and start with linux so I need some assistance. Which Intel mother board I can use (last models) and which cpu? I own a new matrox millenium p650 pci express graphic card: is that supported?
> Thank You for helping.
> My best regards.
>
> Riccardo Bertarelli
>
> Inviato dal dispositivo wireless BlackBerry®

Hey,
  The simplest method of finding if what you have is supported is to
download a livecd. This lets you boot a fully functional linux operating
system into memory without modifying your hard disk at all.
  One of the most popular Debian based livecds at the moment is Ubuntu
( www.ubuntu.com ). Running a full distro from a cd is slower than it
will be once installed, but it's an easy way to try it out.

cheers,
Owen.

P.S.
Welcome to the dark side.