DVDRW Drive Problem

Hello, wrote before with no response to MultiWriter Problems. So,
after considerable reading, this is how I see it: The Liteon drive is
reporting an incorrect volume or no available modes. Using wodim V
1.1.2, I have this with -scanbus switch:
--

debian-etch:/home/kc9eye/downloads# wodim -scanbus
  scsibus0:
        0,0,0     0) 'ATA     ' 'WDC WD800JD-75MS' '10.0' Disk
        0,1,0     1) *
        0,2,0     2) *
        0,3,0     3) *
        0,4,0     4) *
        0,5,0     5) *
        0,6,0     6) *
        0,7,0     7) *
  scsibus1:
        1,0,0   100) 'LITE-ON ' 'DVDRW LH-20A1S  ' '9L08' Removable CD-ROM
        1,1,0   101) *
        1,2,0   102) *
        1,3,0   103) *
        1,4,0   104) *
        1,5,0   105) *
        1,6,0   106) *
        1,7,0   107) *
--

Using the -devices switch gives me this:

--
  debian-etch:/home/kc9eye/downloads# wodim -devices
  Beginning native device scan. This may take a while if devices are busy...
  wodim: Warning: controller returns wrong size for CD capabilities page.
  wodim: Overview of accessible drives (2 found) :
  0    dev='/dev/hda'   rwrw-- :  'BCD 48SB'  ' CD-ROM'
  1    dev='/dev/sr0'   rwrw-- :  'LITE-ON'  'DVDRW LH-20A1S'
Why the warning controller returns wrong size? Also noted that in the
scanbus output the Hard disk is preceded by ATA, and the liteon drive
is not.  So, I thought that something was wrong with the device
declaration and tried to direct it at execution with these:
--
debian-etch:/home/kc9eye/downloads# wodim dev=/dev/sr0 -dao
KNOPPIX_V5.1.1CD-2007-01-04-EN.iso
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 5
Response Format: 2
Capabilities   :
Vendor_info    : 'LITE-ON '
Identification : 'DVDRW LH-20A1S  '
Revision       : '9L08'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc   CD-R/CD-RW driver (mmc_cdr).
Driver flags   : MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE FORCESPEED
Supported modes:
wodim: Drive does not support SAO recording.
wodim: Illegal write mode for this drive.
--

No supported modes?
So, again to direct wodim to the drive with this:

debian-etch:/home/kc9eye/downloads# wodim dev=scsidev1,0,0 -tao devices.list
wodim: Invalid argument.
Cannot open SCSI driver!
For possible targets try 'wodim --devices' or 'wodim -scanbus'.
For possible transport specifiers try 'wodim dev=help'.
For IDE/ATAPI devices configuration, see the file README.ATAPI.setup from
the wodim documentation.
--

Why can't open scsi driver, I have scsi_mod installed? At this point I
am about to scrape this drive and make it an ebay candidate, replacing

--
Paul Lane
KC9EYE