Resolution Problems on a Lenovo L191 LCD Monitor.

Hi all,
I am running Lenny on an IBM Thinkpad X60 with a docking station, which is attached to a 19" Lenovo L191 screen. I have an Intel Mobile 945GM graphics card and I'm using the "intel" driver. The native resolution of my laptop screen is 1024x768, while the native resolution of my LCD screen is 1280x1024.

My problem is that the resolution on my external LCD screen is is always detected at 1024x768?
The monitor is always detected properly (1280x1024) when I use Etch.

I can get xorg to switch the resolution to 1280x1024 by running this command "xrandr --output VGA --auto" after I login. But then I need to logout and back in again so the fonts look right.

I couldn' find anything that gave me a clue in my /var/log/Xorg.0.log file..... I've got three ziped up logs, one after a fresh boot and one after I changed the resolution and one is the diff between the two. I can attach them for anyone that can help with this, I didn't want to sent it to the entire list.

Can someone help me fix this or is it a problem with xorg not detecting my monitor correctly?

Here's a snip of my xorg.conf if it will help:

----------------------------Snip---------------------------

Section "Device"
Identifier "Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller"
  Driver        "intel"
  BusID        "PCI:0:2:0"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
  Identifier    "Generic Monitor"
  Option        "DPMS"
  HorizSync    30-65
  VertRefresh    50-75
EndSection

Section "Screen"
  Identifier    "Default Screen"
Device "Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller"
  Monitor        "Generic Monitor"
  DefaultDepth    24
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
  Identifier    "Default Layout"
  Screen        "Default Screen"
  InputDevice    "Generic Keyboard"
  InputDevice    "Configured Mouse" "SendCoreEvents"
  InputDevice    "Synaptics Touchpad" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Thanks
Ralph