Re: (NOT solved)Re: why does the shell show commands foolishly when I press UP key?

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 11:20:13AM +0100, dulev wrote:
> > I follow your instruction, but it  doesn't work!

> > > Put in ~/.bashrc
> > >
> > > export HISTCONTROL=ignoredups
>
> Sory.
> After that do logout and login again.

... or 'source' the file, e.g.,

    $ . ~/.bashrc

or  $ source ~/.bashrc

Another thing to check out with bash is ^R; hit ^R, then start typing and
bash will show previous commands matching what you type... or something.
Greatest thing since

  $ perl -e '@b=split //,"bread"; print @b[0,1,2,3,4,5], "\n"'

Ken
--