Re: reading fdf files

On Fri, 2007-09-11 at 19:02 +0100, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 07:19:14 -0700, Robert Jerrard wrote:
> > I understand that fdf files are dynamic pdf files that appear to need
> > proprietary software from Abode to read them. Is there any open source
> > applications that can convert as fdf file to a pdf?
>
> pdftk can take the data in an FDF (form data file) together with the
> corresponding PDF form and produce a new PDF file which has the form
> fields filled in with the data from the FDF. (I am not sure if that is
> what you want to do.)

I did see pdftk but I could not see the possibility of taking an fdf
file only and converting it to a pdf (or some text file for that matter)
which is what I was looking for.

This came up because of a form that was available on-line that only
comes in an fdf version and the company refused to make it available in
a pdf version also. Quite annoying since I doubt the people that might
need this form would even know what an fdf was (I didn't before this
happened) or have the software to handle it. Most of the users would
not, I suspect, know what a pdf is for that matter.

Thanks for the suggestion, Bob
--
Dr. Robert J. Jerrard, Professor of Mathematics,
Concordia University College of Alberta,