Re: Advice on automated text processing script

> Yes there is a package for python that will access a serial port.  No I
> haven't tried it.

Thanks I will try and search for it.

> You you need to both script and interact?  I'm not sure what you mean by
> scrpt.  Do you just want to log whatever comes in on the serial port?

I guess interacting would be great. But yeah I pretty much want to log whatever that comes in and process it. What I mean by this is look at the values obtained and compare it to expected values.

I am pretty much trying to automate the testing of this device.

> There's a serial logger package.  There's minicom that I think has a log
> option.

Yes I heard of minicom. I will take a look at it again.

> Doug.

Thank you Doug for taking the time to reply.

Amit