Re: Yes I am having a problem

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 08:06:15PM -0500, Larry Kilmer wrote:
> The computer I am sending this email over is not the computer I am trying
> to configure.  The target computer is a Dell 8100.  I downloaded the entire
> 20+ cds, then bought the 2005 Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 book with cds.  Mostly

Please tell us which 20 CDs. I assume you mention Debian Etch.

> Any thoughts on my lack of understanding for setup would be appreciated.
> As an aside, I have used several unix systems and a couple of Linux systems
> in software development using several communications protocols.  These
> installers don't move the same way my brain does.

Well, you have not ptovided us sufficient information on why your
installation failed. So, what happens if you insert the first CD and
boot using it? What errors do you get, or what problems do you face?

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah,
458, Jamuna Hostel,