Re: Apache2 Still Dying

Raquel wrote:
On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 21:31:28 -0800
Jeff D <fixedored@gmail.com> wrote:

Raquel wrote:
I ran mtest86+ and the memory checked out ... no errors.

I ran strace /usr/sbin/apache2 and can see no errors.

I have googled until my eyes are red and sore.

Apache2 is still dying (stops delivering pages) after anywhere
from 15 minutes to 5 hours.  I cannot find a reason in any of
the server logs, messages or syslog.

Any ideas?

So, does apache keep listening and not serving pages, or does it completely die?

As far as I can tell, Apache keeps listening but stops serving
pages.

Also, are all the modules you have loaded completely nesesarry? If
so,  I'd go ahead and disable those.   Have you done any
configuration  tweaking to anything that might be causing this?

Are you logging php?

alias.load authz_groupfile
cgi
include
php5.conf
auth_basic authz_host
dir
info
php5
authn_file
authz_user
dir
mime
rewrite
auth_pam
autoindex
env
negotiation
setenvif
authz_default
cache
expires
perl status

php errors are being logged.

anything telling in the php log? When it stops, whats the output of lsof -i:80 ? Any firewalls that might be causing interference?

Jeff