Re: Telnet/SSH Terminal Help

Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 07:24:27PM -0800, Jeff Grossman wrote:
s. keeling wrote:

Your problem isn't related to locale.  I suspect it's your terminal
emulation that's buggered.  Are you using xterm, rxvt, or one of the
clueless children (kterm/gnome-terminal)?

I am using TERM=linux. Before I did LC_ALL=C none of the lines displayed correctly when using mc. Since I have done LC_ALL=C all of the lines are displaying correctly except for the scroll lines on the right hand side of the screen.

Try using TERM=screen on both ends.  I've found that it seems to work
since GNU-screen is GNU-screen everywhere whereas different OSs (and
distros) seem to tinker with vt100 et al and linux.

Doug.

I don't have screen as an option in my telnet program. I am using ZOC on Windows and it only has the following options:

Ansi BBS
Ansi SCO
Avatar/0+
Linux
QNX 4
SNI97801
Sun CDE
TN3270
TN5250
TTY
TVI 9xx
VT100
VT102
VT220
VT52
Wyse

If I just use TERM=screen on the Debian box but leave Linux in ZOC, the lines look the same. But, only after doing LC_ALL=C. If I don't do that the lines do not draw correctly no matter what I have tried in regards to terminal emulation.

Also, I had no problems with this setup when I was using Gentoo Linux. The line drawing problem started with Debian.

Thanks,
Jeff