Re: Programmers Text Editor

On 2007-11-06T12:53:53+0200, Micha Feigin wrote:
> My problem is that half the time i hit f1 instead and go into help ending up
> saving some change or other to the help file or something else, not sure what
> and go into record mode, not to mansion that pasting always gives me crazy
> indentations.

The normal PC keyboards do put escape far away, and close to the F1.  If
it really bothers you then a Happy Hacking Keyboard will make big
positive difference for you.

F1 pulls up help with vim here and does nothing else.  Have you
considered remapping F1 to Esc?  I have not looked into it, but I am
sure it is possible.  q + something starts recording (of macro), and you
stop that by pressing q.

Not trying to change your mind or anything about vi vs. emacs, but it
seemed like you might be interested in the information.

/Allan