Re: List of packages on a Debian / Ubuntu system

On Nov 5, 2007 7:26 PM,  <brian.from.fl@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm sure I am overlooking something, but after scouring the dpkg
> documentation, I cannot find the options that tell me a list of all
> packages that are installed on my system and the time/date on which
> they were installed and/or updated.
>
> What I am looking for is something similar to rpm -qa, but for Debian-
> based Ubuntu systems, and also with some date information for each
> package (such as an installation log).
>
> Thanks in advance!

dpkg --get-selections will list installed packages.

/var/log/dpkg and /var/log/apt/term.log and /var/log/aptitude have some
install-related stuff, but you would need to do some work to get the
date packages where installed. I don't know of any other way.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers