Re: #437650 bug listed aginst libdb4.6.19-2

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 10:33:41PM -0500, kingbee wrote:
> Sir / Madame
>
> I have searched google but I am finding very little info about this bug
> that is reported by apt-get when I try to install this package.  I have
> several packages behind libdb4.6.19-2 that I hesitate to upgrade because
> of this bug.

I assume you are running apt-listbugs and that is providing the bug
notification to you. When you are running that, you can simply type in
the bug number and it will display the bug report for you.

You can also go to the debian website and follow the links to bug
reporting and find the bug there. I usually just type in

bugs.debian.org/<bug-number> and it take sme right there.

> I have learned that this only affects some architectures from Don
> Armstrong.  But he instructed me that I could get more and better
> information from you.

this is a FTBFS bug on s390 architecture. Are you running s390
architecture? this package is currently not building properly on the
auto-builders for s390 architecture. If you don't fit that profile,
then this bug shouldn't affect you.

> Any insight you could give me would be much appreciated.

learn to read up on this stuff. Its not that hard. That's the best
insight I can give you.