Re: alsaplayer does not work as normal user

Jose Roberto B. de A. Monteiro wrote:
steef wrote:
Jose Roberto B. de A. Monteiro wrote:
Hello list,

I was with my sound (alsa) work perfectly on my laptop, but for an
unremembered reason I ran alsoconf as root. It causes the strange
behavior of alsplayer, aplay, etc., to stop working for normal users.
They only run for root. I checked groups and permissions, and it seems
ok. All users are in group audio, as well as related devices and proc
files. I do not want to install all the system again, so I wonder if
took the time to study your first email. i agree with andrei. you *could* study alsaconf. my hda-intel chip works fine under etch and lenny with the latest alsadriver from the alsa-website.

a question: are you using the alsadriver built into in the debian kernel in lenny?

reg.,
steef