Re: how to read http mails in mutt mail reader (vim)?

On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 07:31:53PM +1100, hce wrote:
> I've just installed mutt in Debian, one problem is there are some
> mails from news lists with HTTP format, it was fine when I use Mozilla
> mail reader, but with mutt and vim, I could not read the HTTP format
> mails. One solution I can think of is to use lynx, but I don't know
> how to config mutt with lynx. How do you handle this issue?

If you mean that the mail content is in html, if you hit 'v' you get the
list of attachments.  Arrow down to the html version and hit enter.
Mutt should start up lynx for you (if you're in a VT) or whatever
browser if you're in X (never tried that).

If you mean that plain-text emails include http://... type references,
just open up another VT and fire up lynx.

Doug.