Re: Minolta driver and management software for Linux

jekillen wrote:

On Nov 4, 2007, at 5:07 PM, Raj Kiran Grandhi wrote:

jekillen wrote:
Hello:
I am trying to set up a Minolta Magicolor QMS printer.
The printer is a postscript laser printer.
(The actual model number is QMS 6110 and it is dis-
continued). The printer is set up to connect via ether-
net.
I obtained the software for it  from the Konica Minolta
site today. It is Page Scope for Linux but the documen-
tation refers to Red Hat and Suse with 2.2.x kernels.

If it is a postscript printer and the manufacturer has provided you with the .ppd file, you should be able use that ppd file to print to the printer. You might want to install cupsys and go to http://localhost:631 for installing and configuring your printer
Yes, I believe I do have the ppd file, it was with the software for the Mac OSX set up. Where would I put the file? (a particular directory for that? Mac does have
a dedicated dir for those files).
thank you for your response.
Jeff K

You can go to http://localhost:631 (after installing cupsys)
From there follow the steps to install a printer. On one of the pages you will be given the choice of selecting a driver or uploading your ppd file.

I don't know whether you can use the ppd file from the Mac driver in linux. Theoretically, I think it should work, but I never manager to get one of our network printers to work in linux using the windows ppd file. Anyway, the procedure is simple enough, so is worth a shot.

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi