Re: Manage message threads in icedove/thunderbird

Kent West wrote:
Raj Kiran Grandhi wrote:
Hi,

Is there an extension/configuration parameters for working with message threads in icedove? For instance, I would like to be able to move an entire thread to a specific folder, or delete an entire thread without having to select the individual messages.

This problem has been bugging me for quite some time. I was surprised initially to discover delete on a collapsed thread deletes only the top message. The other actions (copy, move, etc) also affect only the visible message.

Neither google nor the thunderbird extension pages seem to offer any help in this.

I have the feeling that I am missing something fairly obvious. Please provide some pointers in this regard.

Thanks

Crtl-Shift-A (or File/Edit/Select/Thread)

or

single-click on the thread column (first column in default Threaded view).

Then move, copy, delete, whatever.

Thank you Kent, this solution is good enough for now. I had the thread column disabled as I thought it was redundant. Now I know its purpose :)

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi