Re: Manage message threads in icedove/thunderbird

Ron Johnson wrote:
On 11/02/07 22:07, Raj Kiran Grandhi wrote:
Hi,

Is there an extension/configuration parameters for working with message
threads in icedove? For instance, I would like to be able to move an
entire thread to a specific folder, or delete an entire thread without
having to select the individual messages.

This problem has been bugging me for quite some time. I was surprised
initially to discover delete on a collapsed thread deletes only the top
message. The other actions (copy, move, etc) also affect only the
visible message.

Neither google nor the thunderbird extension pages seem to offer any
help in this.

I have the feeling that I am missing something fairly obvious. Please
provide some pointers in this regard.

I manage threads all the time in Tbird.

Have you selected these two main window menu items?
  View->Sort By->Threaded
  View->Threads->Expand All Threads

Yes, I do have threaded view enabled. Sorry I failed to mention it in my earlier post.

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi