Re: going from XFCE to Gnome?

"Michael M. Moore" <michael@writemoore.net> writes:
> Yep, that's the problem with the DE's.  You either accept the GNOME/KDE
> ways of doing things or you probably run into some incompatibilities
> somewhere down the line when you try to use other things.

I have no clue what you are talking about here... Gnome apps and KDE
apps (and XXX apps) all seem to work fine together.  What are you trying
to do that doesn't work because of "DE incompatibility"?

[FWIW, I don't recall ever having "accepted the GNOME/KDE way of doing
things" -- I use those Gnome or KDE or non-DE apps I like, ignore those
I don't like (e.g. anything related to mono -- what a crapfest!), and
have had no particular problems.  I dunno, maybe I'm just easy-going...]

-Miles

--
Fast, small, soon; pick any 2.