Re: fglrx upgrade to 8.42.3

I have installed 8.42.3 by downloading it from AMD's site.

I am using an ATI Xpress 200 on my Compax laptop.

Everything seemed to work fine, except the 2D rendering is laggy.

AIGLX did in fact work and OpenGL 3D DRI seemed to be improved.  My fps for fglrx_gears and glxgears improved greatly (I know.. I know... not a good way to benchmark)

However, the 2d rendering is just too kludgey and slow.
I will be waiting for 8.43 or 8.44

Besides, I could care less about AIGLX.  :)

On 11/1/07, Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@lxtec.de> wrote:
On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 the mental interface of
Jonathan Kaye told:

> Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 the mental interface of
> > Davide Mancusi told:

> >> It's a Radeon 9600 Pro.
> >
> > Why don't you use the r300 driver from Xorg?
> >
> > Elimar
> >
> I don't think it supports 3D acceleration. The proprietary driver does.
> If you know differently, I'd like to hear about it.

The r300 Xorg driver supports 3D acceleration very well! On my
Mobility Radeon 9600 M10 glxgears runs 1600 fps in windowmode and
around 250 fps in fullscreen mode. The diver supports ATI's up to
the X850 which is AFAIR rv480? [0] No tainted kernel;) Just
OpenSource;)

Elimar

[0] http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/ATIRadeon#head-3ddc08075f8272e94cf5759e751db61f720bcbb1

--
  Alles was viel bedacht wird ist bedenklich!;-)
         Friedrich Nietzsche