Re: Debian on Core2Duo 64bit

Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 10:29:35PM +0100, P?l Cs?nyi wrote:

>>> amd64.
>> amd64 is not only for the AMD processors?
>>
>> I have an Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU6320  @ 1.86GHz
>>
>> Should I install too the amd64 Debian distribution on this system?
>>

> As long as you don't want to run one of the (couple of) third-party apps
> that need i396 in Etch without also putting in an i386 chroot.  Note,
> that many 32-bit apps will actually run in amd64 with the 32-bit libs
> package.  I don't know about acroread since I don't use it.  Iceweasel
> 32-bit with flashplayer needed a chroot.  A chroot isn't much to set up
> or maintain.

It's not needed anymore at least in sid with flashplayer, in fact,
there's a package in debian-multimedia.org that makes all the work for
you, I mean, the configuration of the wrapper.

Regards,
Jose Luis.
--

ghostbar on debian linux 'sid' 2.6.22 x86_64-SMP - #382503
Weblog: http://ghostbar.ath.cx/ - http://linuxtachira.org