apt-get failing

Hello,

I am trying to install some new software as well as updating my
packages but apt-get install and apt-get update both fail. apt-get
update fails with:

Err http://security.debian.org etch/updates Release.gpg
  Temporary failure resolving âsecurity.debian.orgâ
Err http://packages.dotdeb.org stable Release.gpg
  Temporary failure resolving âpackages.dotdeb.orgâ
Err http://ftp.uk.debian.org etch Release.gpg
  Temporary failure resolving âftp.uk.debian.orgâ
Err http://download.webmin.com sarge Release.gpg
  Temporary failure resolving âdownload.webmin.comâ
Failed to fetch http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/dists/etch/Release.gpg
Temporary failure resolving âftp.uk.debian.o
Failed to fetch http://security.debian.org/dists/etch/updates/Release.gpg
Temporary failure resolving âsecurity.deb
Failed to fetch http://download.webmin.com/download/repository/dists/sarge/Release.gpg
Temporary failure resolving comâ
Failed to fetch http://packages.dotdeb.org/dists/stable/Release.gpg
Temporary failure resolving âpackages.dotdeb.or
Reading package lists... Done
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://packages.dotdeb.org
stable/
all Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/packages.dotble_all_binary-
i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.

When I do a apt-get check, I get the following error:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://packages.dotdeb.org
stable/
all Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/
packages.dotdeb.org_dists_stable_all_binary-i386_Packages) - stat (2
No such file or directory)

My /apt/sources.list file is as follows:

deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ etch main
deb-src http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ etch main
deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main
deb http://download.webmin.com/download/repository sarge contrib
deb http://packages.dotdeb.org stable all
deb-src http://packages.dotdeb.org stable all

I am able to ping external websites using both ip and name, The server
itself is running and functioning properly but this problem is really
worrying as a client needs to install php5-curl and I am unable to do
this as a result of the above problems.

Any help will be most appreciated.