Re: alsaconf and printing

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 19:32:51 -0000, Ed wrote:

> > To test your ability to access the SMB-shared printer, run this command
> > on the client machine:
> >
> > smbclient -U USER -L //HOST
> >
> > This will list all SMB-shares (folders, printers, etc.) which USER can
> > access on HOST. (You will be prompted for USER's password on HOST.)
> >

> When I issue the above command from either the host machine that the
> printer is connect to, OR the Debian machine that I have been trying to
> get working, I get back an error message session setup failed:
> NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE --- yet the linux machine that the printer is
> connected to prints fine, AND the two windows laptops print fine through
> the linux samba server.  However, I suppose I have something wrong in my
> smb.conf file.

Does your smb.conf file allow connections from that computer?

Are you sure you are using the right USERname and password?

I think getting NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE means that there is at least
some communication between client and host, so we can probably rule out
elementary network problems. Nevertheless it cannot hurt to try pinging
the host from the client and making sure that there isn't a firewall on
the host blocking access of the client.

          Florian   |