Re: intall nvidia driver on debian lenny

MRH wrote:
Dnia 29/10/07 20:50,Nick Lidakis napisał:
Bogdan Marian wrote:

Hello.

Yes, it was running with the free version of the driver. I can successfully start if i change the Driver section to "nv" from "nvidia". In fact, that's how i'm able to send you this mail.

I had a similar problem once; realized I forgot to do "apt-get install nvidia-glx" which creates some necessary TLS links.

This page should be helpful, it describes the whole process quite well (with different ways of installing the driver) and offers some troubleshooting:
http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers

Kind regards,
Michal R. Hoffmann

Hello,

Nick, I'm running Lenny, so nvidia-glx is not in the repos...
Michal, I tried the methods on that page and it didn't work... Last thing i tried was to install the NVIDIA way, using the Nvidia .bin supplied from their home site...still no luck.

Bogdan