Re: fetchmail authorization failure

I just wanted to close this discussion and indicate that the problem
was solved.

I use two web hosting services, Omnis, which is good and supports
Linux, and Interland/Web.com, which did not officially support Linux,
but did the best it could. Over the years the quality of its technical
support has plummeted.

They sent out an e-mail notice that it was moving to SSL for mail, but
the message was marked up in HTML, and so difficult to read. Because
it started out very much like an advertisement for some proprietary
service I didn't want, I didn't trouble to read the whole thing.

So, out of the blue, I lost any connection to the POP and SMTP
servers. Since then I have aquired the information needed to restore
e-mail service.

As for K's suggestion, I already planned to migrate from RMAIL to mutt
when the opportunity arose.

--

       Haines Brown, KB1GRM