CenterIcq / CenterIM: execute commands from within an away-message

Hello!

Long ago I switched from Licq to CenterICQ (CenterIM, respectively) and always wanted to know how to execute commands from within an away message. In licq this can be done with a pipe ("|") at the beginning of a line. "| fortune" for example, executes fortune each time a user reads the away message, thus reading a random fortune message.
I didn't find anything about it, except some people having scripted something.
I didn't have the time to have a closer look at some of these scripts, though.

To cut a long story short: I wanted to know, if scripting is the only way to execute  e.g. fortune out of the away message or is there a way to specify commands (e.g. with a pipe or an apostrophe?)

mfg Albrecht