Re: going from etch to unstable (sid)

On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 01:47:55PM +0000, Bogdan Marian wrote:
> Hey,
>
> The title says it all :). How do i proceed if i want to upgrade from
> Etch to Sid? Of course, burning a Sid image and doing a from scratch
> install is out of the question... I'm looking for another way
>
> Bogdan

Hi Bogdan,

I would say: If you have to ask *this* question, then the answer would
be: Not recommended.

Why are you wanting to "jump" to Sid? There is no way to go back to Etch
if you don't like it.

If you just want newer software, check out http://debian.backports.org
(or something like that) but then, by definition, your system is no
longer stable. 8-(

--
Chris.
======