mutt and IMAP accounts

I am trying to set up mutt to access IMAP accounts.  I can access them, but I
want to be able to move to the available mailboxes when I type c (and it says
to type '?' to see the mailboxes and then select a mailbox.  I can see the
mailboxes, but if I choose one, I get a line that says:
    1   IMAP
and if I click on that, I simply get the list of mailboxes again; I can never
open a mailbox.  If I eventually type 'y', I go back to the main mailbox.
I can move to the mailboxes if I type 'c' and then type "= name of the
mailbox".

I am also trying to access two imap accounts, and be able to see the various
mailboses in each of them.

The relevant parts of my .muttrc read:

set mbox_type=Maildir		#for maildir mailboxes

set imap_idle
set imap_user=MYNAME
set folder=imaps://XXXXX.edu/
set spoolfile=imaps://XXXXX.edu/
set header_cache="~/Maildir/cache/headers"
set message_cachedir="~/Maildir/cache/bodies"
set mail_check=300

account-hook imaps://XXXXX.edu/ \
  'set record=imaps://XXXXX.edu/sent ; \
   set imap_user=MYACCOUNTNAME ;\
   set imap_pass=MYPASSWORD ;\
   set spoolfile=imaps://XXXXX.edu/ ;\
   set folder= imaps://XXXXX.edu/'

account-hook imaps://NAME@YYYYY.edu \
  'set record=imaps://NAME@YYYYY.edu/outbox ; \
   set imap_user=NAME ;\
   set imap_pass=PASSWORD ;\
   set spoolfile=imaps://YYYYY.edu/in ;\
   set folder= imaps://YYYYY.edu/'

Any suggestions on how to get mutt to do what I want it to?
Thanks,
Ric