cannot open vnc session for one user from this machine

Hello,

I am not able to get xtightvncviewer to work for a particular user on a
remote machine from my machine running Debian Testing. It works for a
different user on the remote machine. And it works for that particular
user from another machine here from my home! It is only my Testing
machine on which it doesn't work for only that one user.

If I try to open a session, I get:
$> xtightvncviewer  -encodings "copyrect hextile" localhost:1
xtightvncviewer: ConnectToTcpAddr: connect: Connection refused
Unable to connect to VNC server

This same command works for other users on the remote machine, and for
all users on the remote machine from a different local machine.

Where could the problem be? I am quite baffled by all this actually.

->HS