Tool to configure sound

Hello,

I installed Debian Etch but have no sound at all.
Previous Fedora installation gave sounds so probably my Etch is missing some
setup.
Drivers looks correctly installed as 'lsmod' shows following drivers :
..
snd_hda_intel          17332  3
snd_hda_codec         137856  1 snd_hda_intel
snd_pcm_oss            38368  0
snd_mixer_oss          15200  1 snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm                68676  4 snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_pcm_oss
snd_timer              20996  2 snd_pcm
..

Is there tool (ie. like system-config-sound) to setup and check sound setup ?
Thanks for any help.

Bye,
Bruno