Tool to configure sound

I installed Debian Etch but have no sound at all.
Previous Fedora installation gave sounds so probably my Etch is missing some
Drivers looks correctly installed as 'lsmod' shows following drivers :
snd_hda_intel          17332  3
snd_hda_codec         137856  1 snd_hda_intel
snd_pcm_oss            38368  0
snd_mixer_oss          15200  1 snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm                68676  4 snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_pcm_oss
snd_timer              20996  2 snd_pcm

Is there tool (ie. like system-config-sound) to setup and check sound setup ?
Thanks for any help.