Re: aptitude upgrade through proxy

Javier Vasquez <jevv.cr@gmail.com> writes:

> When I configure apt.conf.d/proxy, then things work...  I use apt-get
> and aptitude with sudo as a non root user.  Might be the the
> environment variables are lost with sudo?

Exactly that.  If you want to preserve them, you should add a line
with

Defaults	!env_reset

or modify existing lines.   Note that this may be a security problem
on multi-user systems where people are supposed to only have limited
access to sudo, but on your home PC you probably don't care.

Cheers,
       Sven