ltsp - /home

Hello

I'm trying to get a disk-less computer to work using ltsp.

I can boot the machine and get a terminal (and if I do some editing in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf - also a graphical login) but I can't login as a
normal user. I can do 'chroot /opt/ltsp/i386/' and create a user (also
root) and then login via ssh to the client from remote. How do I share
/home (+users) from the ltsp-server?

I've also tried to manually - in the chroot - to install nfs-common. If
I do a mount server:/home /home I can see a request in ther servers
daemon.log - but home is not mounted. It might have to do with the fact
that '/etc/init.d/portmap restart' does not succeed.

Any hints much appreciated.

Last thing - X is not configured unless I use the recipe from:
http://wiki.debian.org/LTSP/Howto

however I need manually to comment out:
BusID           "PCI:0:14:0"
in the device section.

Is there a way to avoid this manual step?

Karsten