unable to boot

Hi,
I bought a toshiba (duo-core 1gb memory) laptop  with vista,

I want to install debian,  first problem If I use the recovery wind
disk, All the disk is erased , even If I created partition ??

Second problem more complicated,   I install debian in  free space,
The windows is recognized as system as usual, so I installed the multi
boot (grub)

I was suprised when I restart the computer, it gives just a line stage
1, please wait for the loading.;;;;  ,  I waited, waited   but it
stopped there ??

So now I can't log neither in vista nor in linux!!!

help please
thanks
best regards
bela