openssh and avoiding multiplexed connections

Even after re-reading the man page a few times, I'm unclear as to how I
can open a new connection to the same host without re-using the master
connection if ControlMaster is set to auto in ~/.ssh/config.

In other words, if I have an existing forward opened with -fN, but I
want a fresh connection instead of multiplexing the existing socket, how
can I do that on the command line? Am I missing something obvious?

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
	-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"