Re: [Postfix, Maildrop and Courier-Imap] Problem with Thunderbird

> On 10/18/07 19:20, debian@fantasymail.de wrote:
> > Hello! I'm setting up an email server on debian etch using Postfix,
> > Maildrop and Courier-Imap. It works fine but I have a problem with
> > thunderbird clients.
> >
> > When there is a new mail in INBOX it get refresh constantly (ie new mail
> > blink), consequently the the vmail process consume an abnormal amount of
> > resources.
> >
> > I set IMAP_ENHANCEDIDLE=1 in /etc/courier/imapd but it can't explain
> > alone the problem,  because with evolution mail client I do not
> > experience such problem.
> >
> > Any idea to solve that?
>
> I also use Postfix, Maildrop & courier-imap, but am having trouble
> understanding your problem.
>
> What are vmail and "new mail blink"?  (On my system, fetchmail grabs
> >from POP every 5 minutes, and Iceweasel checks for new mail every 2
> minutes.)

Hello, thx for your answer. Sorry it is difficult to explain.

- vmail is the owner of imapd process.
- "new mail blink" like if it was constantly arriving (am I clear?)

I use Imap with IMAP_ENHANCEDIDLE=1

i.e. imap server inform instantly the client when a new mail arrive (no checks every x minutes)

Though I tried to set IMAP_ENHANCEDIDLE to 0 but I still experience the problem in thunderbird.

Regards.