Re: Can't upgrade to xserver-xorg, help!

On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 10:22:31PM +0300, Emre Sevinc wrote:
> [...]

hmmm.... that's interesting. please, as asked before, provide the
output* of

apt-get -s dist-upgrade

(the -s will "simulate" the dist-upgrade, so nothing will break).

also please provide

dpkg -l linux-image\*

> But according to cat /proc/cpuinfo my CPU is GenuineIntel, Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.4 Ghz; so I stopped the apt-get because my CPU does not seem to be an AMD.
>
> Should I continue with the process and let it try to install a kernel image for k7? Or is there a way to make it choose linux-image-2.6-18-5-686? (previously I have used -686 kernel images and now I'm a little bit confused).

I wouldn't install that k7 kernel, but lets see what we get from the
above commands. You'll likely need to install a different kernel
meta-package.

* by output, I mean the actual output, not a paraphrasing. You'll need
  to copy/paste it into your email.