Re: good tool to recover scratched CD's/DVD's?

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 02:34:25PM -0500, Russell L. Harris wrote:

> There is a mechanical device which is able to restore a scratched CD
> by polishing it with a mild abrasive.

Perhaps surprisingly, I have often done this by hand.  Choose a very
fine grit -- the best in the UK is "Brasso", intended for polishing
brass, as you might guess. Use a soft clean cloth.  You can get quite
serious scratches out by multiple applications and polishes.  The
surface acquires a slight "wave" where you work on it most, but they
seem to be readable usually.

There's nothing like the old ways...

--
richard