replying to a message ... again.

Andrei, Mumia & others,

At Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:57:52 -0500 Mumia Paduille wrote,
"I'm assuming you're subscribed, ..."

Not subscribed.  The volume is overwhelming.
I read the Web based archive.

At Mon, 20 Aug 2007 22:40:14 +0300 Andrei Popescu wrote,
"P.S. Could you please not start a new thread each time you answer. Just
use reply ..."

If only that would work!  This is an old problem,
still not fully solved.  See for example,
.  As I am aware, the threading mechanism remains
undocumented.  It can be understood only by
dissecting source code.

and scrolling to the heading
"Invoking Icedove from Iceweasel"
reveals a short explanation of my attempt to
make a reply work.  It fails to start Icedove.
It appears to work if Icedove is already running.
Last weekend I attempted a reply to Andrei's
message; I have not found the reply on the list.
Perhaps there is a time limit for replying.

If anyone can recognize why the script fails to
start Icedove and suggest a correction, a
response is welcome.

Thanks,           ... Peter E.