Re: Is there a Vtubes solution for debian

I found the answer to your question.

i talked today with to MF system team members and i got the next info :
Vtubes is in application on the MainFrame that create sevral virtual
connection on the MF itself so all communication between Vtubes and
Server and application are made on the MF infrastructure.

when a person starts Vtubes on his local machine what really happens
that some sort terminal emulation program (Lognet , PowerTerm etc ...)
connects to specific MF application threw normal TCP/IP .

now since the connection is between terminal and an application
(Vtubes) it is a little bit hard to  run programs or other things on
the MF itself.

what i did found that both terminal (PowerTerm and Lognet) uses very
similar scripting language (that i guess could be used).

also the application creates new virtual connection according the
profile of the user.
then all the virtual connection are tunneled threw only on e connection.

so what i need to actually search is an terminal emulation that knows
how to work with MF (VTXXX ).

Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 09/25/07 13:16, Jabka Atu wrote:
> > Hello,...
>

> > im searching for debian (free) solution to use as vtubes.
>

> > Vtubes is an terminal application that creates sevral forks of
> > terminal that connot to distant computers (MainFrames , Unix machines
> > etc) .
>

> > i don't know how the connection is made on the server side but afaik
> > each new fork get name that is based on the user that connected to
> vubes.
>
> My Googling indicates that VTUBES is a facility on mainframes.
> http://www.mail-archive.com/ibmvm@listserv.uark.edu/msg00325.html
>
> Does vtubes establish multiple simultaneous connections via a
> special vtubes protocol?  Otherwise, there's x3270 for mainframe
> connectivity and ssh for everything else.

- --
- --
Could you at least use man ?
    Jabka Atu (aka mha13/Mashrom Head) || bsh83.blogspot.com
- --