Re: apt-get question

Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> writes:

> In order to catch the newer version of opensync, I added to sources.list the
> following lines:
>
>  #opensync
>  deb http://opensync.gforge.punktart.de/repo/opensync-0.21/ etch main
>  deb-src http://opensync.gforge.punktart.de/repo/opensync-0.21/ etch main
>
> and then did: `apt-get update'.  Then I did: `apt-get install libopensync0',
> but the system would insist upon installing the older version:
>
>  [...]
>  Media Change: Please insert the disc labelled
>  ‘Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 r0 _Etch_ - Official i386 DVD Binary-1 20070407-11:40’
>  in the drive ‘/cdrom/’ and press enter
>
> How can install what I want, i.e. the newer version from the repository?  I
> also tried with `apt-get install libopensync0=0.22' but didn't work.

It seems that at last I managed to install the 0.22 version with:

 # apt-get install libopensync0=0.22-etch2

Then I also installed the libopensync-plugin-file package with:

 # apt-get install libopensync-plugin-file

; but then, when I tried to install libopensync-plugin-syncml with:

 # apt-get install libopensync-plugin-syncml

, I got error:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
  libopensync-plugin-syncml: Depends: libsyncml0 but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

Any help about this?
Thanks,
Rodolfo