Canon Pixma ip1500 etch amd64

Hi,
I'm trying to install my canon pixma printer on Etch, amd64.
Unfortunately, I just can't manage to get it working... Most links I
find provide information for 32 bit systems.

1- I tried http://mambo.kuhp.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~takushi/, but couldn't get
any amd64 debian packet from there.

2- I downloaded driver's source from Canon, but they're 32-bit RPMs: I
don't know how to debianize them using alien. Alien doesn't want to do
it because it complains my architecture is different. So, I tried to put
all files by hand in the right directories. In the end, I couldn't get
my printer working because it complains the driver is 32-bit while my
libcups is 64 bit. I stopped there, I was too afraid I'd completely ruin
my configuration...

3- I tried to use my printer using another driver, hopefully compatible,
and already installed with CUPS. So far, I haven't found any suitable
driver. All fail to print on my pixma ip1500.

Can somebody help me out there and tell me what are the correct steps ?
Thanks
Axelle.